Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Heanor Town Football Club app


Reserves - Match centre

Heanor Town Development
Holbrook Sports Reserves
Sat 30 Sep 15:00 - Central Midlands Football League - MACRON STORE STOKE DIVISION ONE Full time

Heanor Town Reserves 3-3 Holbrook Sports Reserves

Late Holbrook goal denies Heanor in topsy-turvy game

It was more grit, determination and hard running than any classic football until late in the second half. And the rain and cold wind didn’t help.

Heanor might have been ahead inside five minutes when Kyle Daley raced clear and shot straight at Sam Beardsley. Two minutes later they were behind. George Timby brought down Sam Collins on his way to goal and was booked. SAM COLLINS made his pay as he cracked a low shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box. Heanor hit back again and Nathan Stone’s 14th minute flick came back off the bar and two follow up shots were cleared off the line. The young Lions did restore parity on 31 minutes when a home corner caused a goalmouth melee and JOEL HARDY shot the loose ball home. Before half-time the only other notable first half effort came from Ben Davies-Ciric whose shot was well saved by Beardsley.

The second half in the cold and rain got off to a poor start. Then just before the hour things started to improve. The Brookies put together an excellent four man move which was ended when ARCHIE DEARIE clipped the ball over Liam Power to give the visitors the lead back in 59 minutes. It sparked Heanor into action and their response might have been greater had they shot first time instead of wanting several touches. As it was, Kyle Daley burst clear on 61 minutes and looked certain to score until his thrashed shot came back off the underside of the bar. KYLE DALEY, by far Heanor’s best player, levelled the game again on 64 minutes with a free kick from the identical same spot from which Holbrook had scored their first goal. This time though the ball was aimed for the bottom right hand corner of the goal and despite going full stretch and getting one hand to it, Beardsley couldn’t keep it out. A somewhat debatable off-side decision prevented Heanor from taking the lead on 68 minutes. Daley’s shot was stopped by Beardsley and the rebound crashed home by Bradley Sharp who reacted first to the loose ball, but the flag was raised. A free kick found its way to TYLER WRIGHT to score with a shot on the run in 74 minutes and give Heanor the lead for the first time in the game. It had been a good spell for the Lions and certainly their best of the game. After the impressive Daley had flashed another shot narrowly wide, Holbrook came back strongly and dominated the last few minutes of the game. Archie Dearie saw his bullet header from a corner hit the upright half way up on 83 minutes. Daley set up another chance for Heanor at the other end with a great run from which his colleagues failed to take advantage, and Heanor, still looking for their first win of the season, missed another opportunity to put the game to bed. They would pay dearly for their failures in front of goal in this game. From the edge of the right hand side of the penalty area ARCHIE DEARIE hit a great 89th minute equaliser into the top right hand corner of the net.

There were some poor patches in the game but the last half hour was worth the admission money alone and six goals helped to brighten up the miserable Heanor weather.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up


Retford United Development
Radford Reserves
Eastwood Community Reserves

League table

# Team Pl Pts
9. Holbrook Sports Reserves 28 34
10. Mickleover RBL Reserves 28 33
11. Retford United Development 28 31
12. AFC Kilburn Development 28 25
13. Holbrook St Michaels Development 28 24
14. Heanor Town Development 28 19
15. Cromford 28 0


Club sponsor